The SI-prefixes (kilo, mega, giga, ...) are defined for multiples to the base 10.
Although they sometimes are used also for multiples to the base 2, for these only
the specially defined prefixes like kibi, mebi or gibi are correct. The value in
this converter are given for bytes, however, they may be used for bits also.
Usage: Type the value you want to convert into the field, behind which you find the unit.
Click on any free space of the window and read the results in the other fields.
Move the mouse over a unit or click on it to read its full name.
Use the "reset" button to delete your calculation.
Example: Which value corresponds to 10 Gibibyte in the SI-unit Gigabyte ?
At first type "10" into the field in front of the
"GiB" button. Click on any free space of the window.
Find your result in the field in front of "GB" (10.737 GB).
- All results have been rounded to 5 significant digits.
- Large and small numbers are written exponentially. As example
2.3e5 = 2.3⋅105 = 230000 or
4.5e-5 = 4.5⋅10-5 = 0.000045.
- There is no warranty for the conversion. Cactus2000 is not
responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more
conversions to be included.
- A collection of all Cactus2000-converters
running offline may be ordered
for a price of € 15.-.
A test version is available for download for free.
© Bernd Krüger, 29.04.2002