Illumination is the density of luminous flux on a surface. (For a conversion
of luminance or brightness units you may use the
ATTENTION: The conversion of illumination to Watt and vice versa
is defined only for monochromatic light of a frequency of 540·1012Hz
corresponding to about 555 nm. At all other wavelengths you would get wrong results.
Type the value of illumination you want to convert into the field, behind which you find the
the unit. Click on the corresponding button and read the results in the other
fields. Use the "delete" button to delete your calculation.
Example: You want to convert 100 footcandle, respectively lumen/feet2
into "Lux". Type "100" into
the field in front of the button "lm/ft2". Click on the "lm/ft2" button.
Find your result in the field in front of the "Lux" button (1076.4 Lux).
- All results have been rounded to 5 significant digits.
- Large and small numbers are written exponentially. As example
2.3e5 = 2.3⋅105 = 230000 or
4.5e-5 = 4.5⋅10-5 = 0.000045.
- There is no warranty for the conversion. Cactus2000 is not
responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more
conversions to be included.
- A collection of all Cactus2000-converters
running offline may be ordered
for a price of € 15.-.
A test version is available for download for free.
© Bernd Krüger, 11.02.2002