Ozone columns describe the total amount of ozone in a column of air, e.g. between
the ground and the top of the atmosphere. A frequent unit for the ozone column is
the Dobson Unit (DU). It is assumed, that the ozone of the column in pure form is
present at normal pressure (1013.15 hPa) and at 0° C (273.15 K). The thickness
of this layer is than given in "milli-centimetre" (10-5 m).
For example 300 DU correspond to a layer of 3 mm thickness under the conditions
Type the value of the ozone column you want to convert
into the field, behind which you find the unit. Click on the corresponding button
and read the results in the other
fields. Use the "delete" button to delete your calculation.
Example: What value has an ozone column of 300 DU in the SI-unit
kg / m2 ? At first type "300" into the field in front of the
"DU" button. Click on the "DU" button. Find your result in the
field in front of the "kg/m2" button
- All results have been rounded to 5 significant digits.
- Large and small numbers are written exponentially. As example
2.3e5 = 2.3⋅105 = 230000 or
4.5e-5 = 4.5⋅10-5 = 0.000045.
- There is no warranty for the conversion. Cactus2000 is not
responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more
conversions to be included.
- A collection of all Cactus2000-converters
running offline may be ordered
for a price of € 15.-.
A test version is available for download for free.
© Bernd Krüger, 29.04.2002