The SI-unit of the dynamic viscosity is N s m-2, frequently Pa s is used. The fluidity Φ is the reziprocal value of the dynamic viskosity η. It describes the ease of flow of gases and liquids. The SI unit is m s kg-1.
|Kinematic Viscosity||Stoke, m2/h, ft-2/s, ....|
|Viscosity||Kinematic to dynamic viscosity and vice versa|
|Tube sizes||Geometry of straight pipes|
Usage: Type the dynamic viscosity you want to convert into the field, behind which you find the unit. Click on any empty space in the window or on the "calculate" button. Read the result in the other fields. Use the "reset" button to reset your calculation. Move the mouse over a unit or click on it to read its full name.
Example: You want to convert 5 poundal seconds per square foot into Pascal seconds. Type "5" into the field in front of "lb ft-1 s-1 = pdl s ft-2". Click on any empty space in the window or on the "calculate" button. Find your result in the field in front of "N s m-2 = kg m-1 s-1 = Pa s" (7.4408 Pa s or N s m-2).
- Please note the remarks about the representation of numbers..
- There is no warranty for the calculation. Cactus2000 is not responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more conversions to be included.
© Bernd Krüger, 05.03.2001, 02.12.2009, 30.06.2018
New in August 2018
→ Tube sizes
Date and time
• Unit converters
• Bicycle tours
• Car plates
• Small travel vocabulary (pdf)
• Time of sunset
• Quiz of towns and countries
• Animal quiz
• Brain training
• Find the difference
• Math trainer
Bernd Krüger, 2018