This is a calculator for the calculation of price increases. The following values are displayed:
- the original price together with its portion of value added tax (V.A.T.) and its net price,
- the percentage change in percent, relative to the old price,
- the difference as absolute value together with the change of the V.A.T. portion
and the change of the net price,
- the new price together with its portion of value added tax (V.A.T.) and its net price.
All output values are given with 2 digits behind the decimal sign.
Type two of the four values from the two top rows into their corresponding fields
(no matter which order). After a click on any free space of the window or the
"calculate" button, the calculation is performed.
Instead of the old price you may also type its V.A.T. portion or its net price. For the
difference or the new price you may also type the alternative values.
The calculation is done using the two values changed last as input.
After the calculation these fields are coloured in light green while the calculated results
are coloured in light pink.
For another calculation with only one changed input value, just type the changed value.
For another calculation with completely new values, click on the "reset" button
The V.A.T. rate in the grey field you may change before the calculation.
1.) The price of a product has increased from 1.29 € to 1.49 €.
Type "1.29" into the field "old price" and "1.49" into the
field "new price" and click on any empty space
of the window or the "calculate" button.
Now you may read the results: The price difference is 0.20 € and the percentage increase is
15.5 %. With a V.A.T. rate of 17.5 % the V.A.T. portion increases by 3 ¢ and the net price
by 17 ¢
2.) You buy a product that costs 89.90 € but you get a discount of 3 %.
How much must you pay ? Type "89.90" into the field "old price" and
"-3" into the field "% of old price". Click on any free space of the window
or the "calculate" button and read the result: The price is reduced by 2.70 €
and amounts to € 87.20 ("new price").
- Large and small numbers are written exponentially. As example
2.3e5 = 2.3⋅105 = 230000 or
4.5e-5 = 4.5⋅10-5 = 0.000045.
- There is no warranty for the conversion. Cactus2000 is not
responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more
conversions to be included.
© Bernd Krüger, 27.10.2007