All calculations are based on reference values. For the pressure amplitude normally the
threshold of hearing of 2×10-5 Pa or 2×10-5 N/m2,
respectively, is used. This is a standard value defined for a pure sine wave at a frequency
of 1000 Hz. The corresponding value for the sound intensity is
Type the value to convert into the field, behind which you find the unit.
Click on the corresponding button and read the results in the other
fields. (You may also click on any empty space in the window.)
Use the "reset" button to reset your calculation.
Example: What is the pressure amplitude of sound with the sound pressure level
of 80 dB (above the threshold of hearing)? Type "80" into the field in front of the
"Lp,Li" button. Click on the "Lp,Li" button or an empty space in the window.
Read the result in front of the "P" button (0.2 Pa).
- All results have been rounded to 5 significant digits.
- Large and small numbers are written exponentially. As example
2.3e5 = 2.3⋅105 = 230000 or
4.5e-5 = 4.5⋅10-5 = 0.000045.
- There is no warranty for the conversion. Cactus2000 is not
responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more
conversions to be included.
- A collection of all Cactus2000-converters
running offline may be ordered
for a price of € 15.-.
A test version is available for download for free.
© Bernd Krüger, 27.04.2003