The file access permissions as shown by the UNIX command "ls -l" are given in the
"rwx-format". With the command "chmod" you can write the permissions
in octal format.
You may indicate the file access permissions with the checkboxes.
After every change the rwx-format and the octal format are calculated.
Or you type either a rwx-format or an octal format. After a mouseclick on any free space
of the window the other format is calculated and the checkboxes are changed.
Example: What are the access permissions of a file that are given by
"754" in octal format ? Type "754" into the field for octal formats.
Click on any free space of the window and read the results in the other fields
(rwx-format: rwxr-xr--, therefore the owner may read, write and execute the file,
a group member may read and execute it and all others may just read it).
- Parts of this calculator have been copied from
- Large and small numbers are written exponentially. As example
2.3e5 = 2.3⋅105 = 230000 or
4.5e-5 = 4.5⋅10-5 = 0.000045.
- There is no warranty for the conversion. Cactus2000 is not
responsible for damage of any kind caused by wrong results.
- Please send an email if you have suggestions or if you would like to see more
conversions to be included.
- A collection of all Cactus2000-converters
running offline may be ordered
for a price of € 15.-.
A test version is available for download for free.
© Bernd Krüger, 30.12.2004